The Joint Admission and Matriculations Board has commenced the 2024/2025 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) registration process for all interested candidates across the country.
The JAMB Registrar, Ishaq Oloyede, during a meeting with media executives in Lagos State on Sunday, said that measures have been put in place to ensure a smooth exercise for all interested candidates.
According to the registrar, UTME candidates would register first before the Direct Entry candidates. The sale of JAMB UTME form/ ePIN vending has started but that of DE application documents/e-PIN vending will begin on Wednesday, February 28 and close by Thursday, March 28, 2024. If you are for direct entry, click the link below to learn how to register.
Things to know before applying for JAMB UTME Form
- The JAMB UTME form is different from the JAMB Direct Entry form, which is for candidates who want to apply for admission into the second year of the university programme.
- You can register at accredited CBT Centers
- You cannot apply for both JAMB DE and UTME in the same year.
- The JAMB UTME form is an online application form. You need to fill and submit it on the JAMB portal.
- You need to buy JAMB ePIN to register
- The UTME fee breakdown for the 2024/2025 session is: Form Fee N3,500, N700 for the CBT Centre registration service charge, N1,500 for the CBT Centre service charge for mock/UTME and N500 for bank charges/commission making a total of N6,200 for candidates who are not sitting for the MOCK examination and N7,700 will be paid by those who would sit for the MOCK examination.
- You must have a National Identification Number before you can apply.
Steps for JAMB Registration 2024
To register for JAMB in 2024, follow the steps below:
1. Create Your JAMB Profile
To create your JAMB profile, send your NIN to 55019 or 66019 as a text message. Write ‘NIN’ then space and add your 11-digit NIN number and send to 55019 or 66019.
E.g NIN 00123456789
The cell phone number used for sending NIN to 55019 or 66019 is automatically tied to the candidate’s name supplied by NIMC and will be used in all communications related to his/her 2023 Application/Examination.
After sending a message to 55019 or 66019, you will receive:
- – 10-digit profile code
- – Your registered name with NIMC
- – Total cost for UTME with Mock and without Mock
“Dear Adeogun Baruwa Thomas, Your Profile code: 172081003 and NIN 44617822814. Visit www.jamb.gov.ng, Quick Links, then IBASS for eBrochure. Buy UTME pin with Mock N7,700, without Mock N6,200 and DE pin N6,200.”
NOTE: If you had written JAMB in 2023, 2022 or any year since the use of NIN started, you will use the same profile code to register this year. So, you don’t need to generate a new profile code. New profile code generation is for thos who are registering for the first time, or who had registered in the years when JAMB has not started using NIN. Now let’s move to the next step.
2. Purchase JAMB e-PIN
e-PIN purchase is the second step in getting JAMB form. The JAMB ePIN is a unique pin that allow you to register for the JAMB Form in 2024, without the ePIN, you cannot register. We explain the cost of the ePIN earlier above (Things to know, item 6). So, how do you get the ePIN?
You can contact us to buy your ePIN or visit any accredited bank, CBT Centre or embassy (for candidates in foreign countries) to get the JAMB e-PIN.
To purchase JAMB ePIN, you will need to supply your JAMB profile code, your email address, fullname, phone number and make payment according to the type of PIN you are buying. After the purchase, the ePIN can be printed out in PDF or screenshotted, and JAMB also send it to your registered phone number. We advise that you get your ePIN as soon as possible.
3. Visit CBT Center to Register
This is the third and the last step. Once you get your JAMB ePIN, you can take it to any CBT center to complete your JAMB registration without paying any other fee. The purchase of ePIN for registration is applicable to both UTME and Direct Entry candidates.
For your registration, you need to take along your JAMB Profile Code, JAMB ePIN, your personal information, and O’level result if it is available. We attach a template of the online registration form below, so that you will see the things you will be asked at the registration point.
When your registration is completed, the CBT operator will give you the JAMB registration slip which contains your data, picture, and subject combinations.
How to Retrieve a Lost Profile Code
- Send [RESEND] to 55019 or 66019 as a text message from the same cell phone number you registered with.
- The Profile Code would then be retrieved and delivered to your registered cell phone number.
- If your e-PIN is not received or lost, send [UTMEPIN] or [DEPIN] to 55019 or 66019 for UTME or DE respectively from the registered cell phone number.
- The e-PIN would then be retrieved and delivered to the candidate’s registered cell phone number.
- Note that you are to send the SMS without the brackets.
To purchase your JAMB Registration e-PIN from us, send us a message on WhatsApp by clicking the button below:
Do you find this content helpful? Do use the share buttons to spread the love.