The computer center of Obafemi Awolowo University has announced that the admissions unit of the institution is now accepting applications for the first batch of change of course for 2022/2023 session. Interested individuals who would like to transfer to another department in the institution can do so now. However many students do not know the process involved and the necessary requirements and this is what I will be explaining in this article.
Before now, Morountodun, a student of OAU had previously written an article on this subject matter titled “What You should know About OAU Change of course” you can quickly read that in the link before continuing with this article. Let’s ride on
Requirements for OAU Internal Change of Course
Applicants are expected to attach the following documents to the change of course form downloaded from the Computercentre Website:
- Your SSCE result(s) presented during screening in your first year.
- Your university results from harmattan semester of the first year till harmattan semester of 2022/2023 session (signed and stamped at the department).
- Receipt colleted from the cash officer after paying 7500naira through remita. You can consult us for your payment.
What criteria must you meet to change your course of study?
- You must have spent a minimum of two (2) semesters.
- Your Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) should not be
less than 1.0.
- You will be required to satisfy the minimum and special entry requirement for the Course/Programme to which you are
seeking transfer to
Procedure to Apply for OAU Change Of Course
- Confirm your eligibility for transfer: you are to meet your part advisor to confirm if your department can release you and if the receiving department is receiving students too. Recently, FNCS department is not releasing students from the department.
- Make Remita payment of 7500 naira for change of course. you can consult us or visit Shekinah Cafe at SUB for this.
- Students applying for Change of Course/Degree Programme are to download the change of course form form the computer center website.
- Students applying for Change of Course shall be required to satisfy the minimum and special entry requirement for the Course/Programme to which they are seeking transfer. For the avoidance of doubt, no student will be allowed to transfer to a programme for which his initial qualifications are inadequate.
- Fill the form carefully: Applicants will complete Section A of the Form and get the Guidance Counsellor to complete section B (available on Print 2) before returning it to the Admissions Office along with a photocopy of payment receipt from the Cash Office.
- Attach necessary documents: Students applying for Change of Course are required to attach to their applications photocopies of up-to-date sessional examination result. In cases where the sessional result is not immediately out, such applicant should arrange to submit it later to the Admissions Office once the result is available. However, processing of Change of Course applications is subject to production of the original up-to-date semester examination results as well as photo. Copies of WASC, GCE ‘O’ ‘A’ Levels Certificate which applicants presented on their first admission to the University.
- Get necessary signatures from the head of the sending and receiving departments (Dean/Provosts).
Please note the following
- All students being sponsored for particular courses by Agencies/Organizations must forward letters from their Sponsors granting them permission to change their courses. Such authorizing letters should be returned with the completed application forms before the closing date. Otherwise, their applications will not be processed.
- Ed. (Physical Education) degree Students Are Not Allowed to change their course of study.
- If it is discovered at any time that any false or misleading information has been given on this application or in connection with this application, the applicant will be disqualified and he/she may be required to face the University’s Disciplinary Committee.
Deadline for OAU First Batch Change of Course Form 2022/2023 session
The deadline for submission of completely filled change of course form is Monday, 17th July, 2023.
Remita Payment for OAU Change of Course
To make REMITA payment for OAU Change of Course form, consult us via the WhatsApp button below:
Spread the Love by using the Share buttons to share to your Social Media Platform