The JAMB Direct Entry (JAMB DE) form registration for the 2023/2024 admissions has commenced as announced by JAMB. In this article, we shall put you through the process involved and also answer questions related to JAMB DE Application.
NOTICE!!! The 2024 JAMB Direct Entry form or e-PIN vending is yet to be available, please check this post back around February 28 for Updates.
What is JAMB DE?
JAMB DE refers to the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Direct Entry programme. It is an admission process that allows candidates who possess a diploma or a degree from a recognized institution to gain direct entry admission (straight to 200L) into a Nigerian university.
Do Direct Entry candidates Take the JAMB exam?
No, JAMB DE candidates are those who already have A’level results, Degree, OND/HND e.t.c. and are willing to use it to gain admission into 200L in Universities, they are not required to write JAMB UTME but are expected to obtain and fill the Direct Entry form, which is usually sold by JAMB. The form will be used to process their admission into the university of their choice. However, during post-UTME/DE period, the institution they are applying to may decide to test (conduct a post-DE screening exercise) them.
For the post-DE screening exercise, candidates are expected to purchase the post-DE form from their University of choice and may also involve forwarding their academic transcript to the institution during the admission process.
Things to Note Before Applying for JAMB DE 2024
- The JAMB Direct Entry form is different from the JAMB UTME form, which is for candidates who want to apply for admission into the first year of the university programme.
- You can only register at JAMB offices.
- You cannot apply for both JAMB DE and UTME in the same year.
- The JAMB DE form is an online application form. You need to fill and submit it on the JAMB portal.
- JAMB only recognises and accepts thirteen qualifications/certificates.
- Statement of result is accepted for registration only within three years of the date of award.
- Upgrade from UTME to DE is available only to candidates whose DE results have not been released at the point of UTME registration and those who indicated at the point of registration that he/she is awaiting A-level results.
- The DE fee breakdown for the 2024/2025 session is: N3,500 for the registration, N700 for the CBT Centre registration service charge, N1,500 for the CBT Centre service charge for mock/UTME and N500 for bank charges/commission making a total of N6,200
- You must have a National Identification Number.
Can I register for UTME and DE in the same year?
No, this is no more allowed. However, there is an option of conversion of UTME to DE. This allows you to register for UTME first and do the UTME exam, when you decide that you don’t want to use this UTME result to apply for admission, you can visit JAMB to apply for UTME to DE conversion for free. Your registration will then be converted to Direct Entry and you will be able to use your DE result (this process is not reversible and it means you have forfeited your UTME result)
How to Apply for JAMB DE Form
Similar to applying for UTME, intending candidates are expected to go through the following processes:
- Get NIN
- Get Profile Code (Those who applied for DE last year will use the same Profile Code)
- Get JAMB DE e-pin
- Visiting JAMB Office to complete registration
The only different step is that JAMB UTME candidates do their registration at any CBT center nationwide after getting their e-pin from available outlets or banks, JAMB DE candidates are expected to come down to any of the JAMB Offices in Nigeria. The list of all JAMB Offices can be checked here. You can however send us a message via chat to purchase your JAMB e-pin.
UPDATED NOTE Registration can only be done at JAMB offices nationwide but ePIN is available at various vendors.
What is the Cost of JAMB DE Registration?
The JAMB DE registration fee varies from year to year, as for 2024, the cost is 6200 naira only, which is paid at the point of sale for the e-pin. This implies that after buying the e-pin, the candidate will not be required to pay any other fee at the JAMB office.
What are the requirements for JAMB DE Registration?
JAMB DE candidates are required to possess the necessary O’level requirements for their chosen course of study, additionally, they will need to present any of the following acceptable Result/Certificate/Diploma or a degree from a recognized institution:
Acceptable Qualifications/Results for JAMB DE Registration
The JAMB Registrar had announced that the board would only accept 13 qualifications for the 2024 Direct Entry Registration, these include:
- A University Diploma
- Ordinary National Diploma (OND)/National Diploma (ND)
- Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE)
- Higher National Diploma (HND)
- A University degree (Bsc, B.A etc)
- Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB)
- Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB)
- NABTEB Advanced National Business Certificate
- NABTEB Advanced National Technical Certificate
- NABTEB GCE-A’ Level (2015 – 2021)
- Higher Islamic Studies Certificate by NBAIS
- International Baccalaureate
- National Registered Nurse/ Midwife certificates.
JAMB DE Registration Period for 2024
UTME candidates do register first before the Direct Entry candidates. The sale of JAMB UTME form/ ePIN vending has started but that of DE application documents/e-PIN vending will begin on Wednesday, February 28 and close by Thursday, March 28, 2024.
Puchase JAMB DE Registration e-pin
Consult us at A. A. Badmus Educonsults for your JAMB DE e-pin via 08061783878 or send a WhatsApp Chat using the button below:
Do you find this content helpful? Do use the share buttons to spread the love.