Change of Course is one of the most controversial processes on OAU Campus. This article will put you through the step by step processes involved in interdepartmental student transfer within the university.
If you’re willing change your course, or transfer from one department to another within the Obafemi Awolowo Campus, you should read this article first: what you need to know about OAU Change of course.
Now, let’s ride on !
The computer center at Obafemi Awolowo University has made an announcement regarding the commencement of applications for the initial round of change of course requests for the 2022/2023 academic session. Those who are interested in transferring to a different department within the university are now able to do so. However, numerous students lack knowledge about the procedure and the essential prerequisites.
Therefore, this article aims to provide a comprehensive explanation of the process and requirements involved.
Documents Required for OAU Internal Change of Course
TO COMPLETE THE INTERNAL CHANGE OF COURSE APPLICATION AT OAU, APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS ALONG WITH THE DOWNLOADED CHANGE OF COURSE FORM FROM THE COMPUTER CENTER WEBSITE: ACCESS WEBSITE BY CLICKING HERE
- Original copies of O’level result(s) that were presented during the screening in the first year.
- University results from the harmattan semester of the first year until the harmattan semester of the 2022/2023 session. These results should be signed and stamped by the department.
- Receipt obtained from the cash officer as proof of payment of ₦7,500 through Remita. If you need assistance with your payment, feel free to consult us.
Please ensure that all the required documents are attached when submitting the change of course application.
Criteria for Change of Course of Study at OAU
IN ORDER TO CHANGE YOUR COURSE OF STUDY AT OAU, YOU MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA
- Minimum Duration: You should have completed a minimum of two (2) semesters at the university.
- Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA): Your CGPA should not be less than 1.0. This indicates that you should have attained a certain level of academic performance.
- Entry Requirements: You must fulfill both the minimum and special entry requirements for the specific course/programme to which you are seeking a transfer. These requirements are set by the department offering the desired course/programme.
Step-by-Step Procedure for Applying for OAU Change of Course
HERE IS THE STEP-BY-STEP PROCEDURE FOR APPLYING FOR OAU CHANGE OF COURSE:
- Confirm Eligibility: Meet with your department’s advisor to confirm if your department allows transfers and if the receiving department is accepting students for the desired course. Note that the Food, Nutrition, and Consumer Services (FNCS) department may currently not be releasing students.
- Make Remita Payment: Make a payment of ₦7,500 for the change of course using Remita. You can get that done at any cafe center.
- Download the Change of Course Form: Visit the computer center website and download the change of course form.
- Meet Entry Requirements: Ensure that you satisfy the minimum and special entry requirements for the course/programme you wish to transfer to. It is important to note that you cannot transfer to a programme if your initial qualifications are inadequate.
- Fill out the Form: Carefully complete Section A of the form, and have the Guidance Counselor complete Section B (available on Print 2). Return the form to the Admissions Office along with a photocopy of the payment receipt from the Cash Office.
- Attach Necessary Documents: Include photocopies of your up-to-date sessional examination results with your application. If the sessional result is not yet available, arrange to submit it to the Admissions Office once it is released. However, the processing of your Change of Course application is contingent upon providing the original up-to-date semester examination results, as well as copies of your WASCE and GCE ‘O’/’A’ Levels certificates that were presented during your initial admission to the university.
- Obtain Required Signatures: Obtain the necessary signatures from the head of the sending department (Dean/Provost) and the receiving department.
Additional Information on OAU Change of Course
- Sponsorship Letters: Students sponsored by Agencies/Organizations for specific courses must include letters from their sponsors granting them permission to change their courses. These authorization letters should be submitted along with the completed application forms before the closing date. Failure to do so will result in the non-processing of their applications.
- Exemption for Ed. (Physical Education) Degree Students: Students pursuing an Ed. (Physical Education) degree are not permitted to change their course of study.
- False Information: If it is discovered at any point that false or misleading information has been provided on the application or in connection with the application, the applicant will be disqualified. Additionally, they may be required to face the University’s Disciplinary Committee.
NOTE: Deadline for OAU First Batch Change of Course Form: The deadline for submitting the fully completed change of course form for the 2022/2023 session will be announced.
Spread the Love by using the Share buttons to share to your Social Media Platform